Tech Tip Tuesday – Link works
Aurora Library Management System has so many useful tools to support their Libraries that it can be hard to showcase all of its features. Tech Tips Tuesdays is designed to showcase some features big and small that may not have been seen yet.
Link works – Allows works to be linked and displayed in montage as a separate tab in the more details view in montage. E.g. the different formats a title is available in to borrow.
There are two ways to link works in Aurora Desktop
Link works via the search screen
- Search for a Title in the search screen
- Right click on the 1st work you want to link and ‘Selectas Parent for linked set of works’
- Right click on the 2nd work you want to link to the 1st work and select the name of the 1st work
- Accept the Link in the pop up question and the information popup
- The works will now have linked rings flash icon
- In Catalogue maintenance for the 1st parent link works there will be a 774 Tag with the Bib Ref of the works linked.
Link Works via the Cataloguing screen
- In the Cataloguing screen for the work, you wish to link, Tick the Link work checkbox in the left hand sidebar to open the link box.
- Find the title that is to be linked in Montage Drag and drop the cover image from montage into the Link work box on the cataloguing screen in Auroa desktop.
- Accept the Link in the pop up question
- A 774 Tag with the Bib Ref and Title of the work linked.
- The works will now have linked rings flash icon in the Seach screen.